Declining sales, eroding profit margins, increasing competition and a changing economic climate can create enormous business challenges. We can help companies navigate through these difficult issues.
As Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Certified in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV), and Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (CIRA), with extensive bankruptcy, restructuring and turnaround management experience, our professionals provide an insightful approach in addressing the needs distressed businesses.
Kotzin Valuation Partners conducts detailed financial and strategic analyses in developing a firm understanding of the key issues. We can help a company define its financial position, develop a strategic plan, and ascertain value. Our bankruptcy, reorganization and turnaround management advisory services include:
- representing debtors, creditors and trustees in all phases of formal bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings;
- bankruptcy examiner role;
- preparing budgets and forecasts for cash collateral and plan confirmation purposes;
- providing expert witness testimony in bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings;
- assisting in assessing viability and feasibility, identifying assets, reviewing financial position and enterprise and liquidation values, identifying potential voidable transfers and fraudulent conveyances, developing business plans and projections, reconciling and analyzing proof of claims, and evaluating plans of reorganization;
- performing valuations of business units and assets for plan confirmation, collateral assessment, fraudulent conveyance, and preferential payment analysis;
- developing detailed financial models to determine solvency at various points in time for preference and fraudulent conveyance litigation and to determine potential recovery to secured unsecured creditors under a variety of different assumptions;
- assisting with the preparation and filing of bankruptcy schedules, statement of financial affairs and monthly operating reports; and
- assisting with the liquidation of assets and sale of business units.
Whether your company is a start-up or a mature business, Kotzin Valuation Partners can assist you with the preparation of business plans, confidential sales memorandums and other value enhancement consulting services, such as understanding the factors that drive value and identifying actions that you can take to increase value.